Ready for some major inspiration? It’s Wednesday and this will certainly get you out of your mid-week funk. Around 48 hours ago, on January 3rd 2011, a video of a homeless man with one of the best voices I have ever heard made its way on to YouTube. You can see the full video here. What’s so special about this video and this man named Ted? First, check out the video to see for yourself and second, in less than 48 hours, the video received over 4 million views on YouTube!
According to Ted (the homeless man with the golden voice) and Business Insider, Ted went to school to hone in on his incredible radio voice, but he made a few mistakes and got involved with drugs and alcohol. He has been sober for 2 years now according to his video and up until the past couple of days, he has been collecting money in an Interstate intersection in order to get by.
I heard about this video yesterday and procrastinated watching it until this morning but I must have watched it at least 20 times in the past couple of hours. I am still astounded over his voice and can perfectly picture all of the voice-over opportunities that he could possibly be really good at.
The first part of this story is him- Ted as it is one of the most inspiring stories that I have seen on the Internet in a very long time. The second part is that this just proves what is possible today due to the Internet. Let’s take a look at what has happened for Ted and his beautiful voice over the past 48 hours alone.
1. Video on YouTube gets over 4 million views in less than 48 hours.
2. Story and video is featured on some of the biggest websites, networks and other media outlets across the country. Yahoo, Business Insider, USA Today, NBC, CBS News…and the list goes on.
3. Story is featured on Reddit and people start offering help.
4. NBC4i reports that he landed a gig on WNCI’s Morning Zoo show.
5. The New York Post reports that the Cleveland Cavaliers have also offered Ted a job and a free house to live in as well.
6. He also got an offer of $10,000 from a group of credit unions.
And the list goes on. As of right now, there are several other confirmed and unconfirmed job offers coming in from television stations, television shows, radio stations etc. Basically, this man went from barely getting by to being a well known name for life due to one video on YouTube that someone decided to post because they find his story inspirational.
For anyone out there that questions the power of the Internet or what is possible online, this is THE perfect example of what it can do!